Spikes Asia has announced the fourteen industry leaders set to judge Asia Pacific’s most prestigious creative communications awards. For the first time, gender parity has been reached and Spikes Asia has the strongest female representation across its Jury Presidents in its 35 editions.
This year’s Jury Presidents come from across the region including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India and The Philippines, as well as from a mix of disciplines from throughout the industry.
Fourteen industry leaders from across APAC will help set the region’s benchmark in creative excellence and effectiveness
Speaking about this year’s Jury Presidents, Philip Thomas, Chairman, Spikes Asia, said, “It’s an exciting time for Spikes Asia as we incorporate the Tangrams Awards to create the definitive benchmark for both creative excellence and marketing strategy and effectiveness across Asia-Pacific. This collection of outstanding talent is representative of the evolved Spikes Asia Awards and we are delighted to have them all onboard.”
The Jury Presidents will judge work in 24 awards categories, including in the three newly launched Spikes - Strategy & Effectiveness, Creative Data and Social & Influencer - which are in response to the shifting creative trends across the region.
The 2022 Jury Presidents are announced as follows:
• Brand Experience & Activation and Creative eCommerce Jury President
Natalie Lam, Chief Creative Officer, Publicis Groupe, APAC, MEA
• Creative Effectiveness Jury President
Michaela Lyon, Integrated Client Lead, Dentsu, Hong Kong
• Design and Industry Craft Jury President
Paul Chan, Chief Creative Officer, Cheil Worldwide, Hong Kong
• Direct and Outdoor Jury President
David Guerrero, Creative Chair, BBDO Guerrero, The Philippines
• Entertainment and Music Jury President
Kazoo Sato, Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\Hakuhodo, Japan
• Film, Print & Publishing and Radio & Audio Jury President
Paul Nagy, Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R AUNZ, Australia and New Zealand
• Film Craft Jury President
Sneha Iype, Partner, Executive Producer, Nirvana Films, India
• Healthcare Jury President
Wendy Chan, Chief Creative Officer, Edelman, China
• Innovation and Creative Data Jury President
Emad Tahtouh, Principal - Creative Technology, Deloitte, Australia
• Media Jury President
Kasper Aakerlund, Regional President, UM, APAC
• Mobile and Digital Craft Jury President
Jean Lin, Executive Officer, Dentsu Group Inc., China
• PR Jury President
Shouvik Prasanna Mukherjee, Chief Creative Officer, Asia Pacific, Golin, Asia Pacific
• Social and Influencer Jury President
Tea Uglow, IC, Creative Lab, Google, Australia
• Strategy & Effectiveness Jury President
Anupama Biswas, Senior Director, Analytics & Insight - APAC Lead, The Coca-Cola Company, Asia Pacific
Key awards information:
- Awards are now open for entries and entries can be submitted here
- The Tangrams Awards have been incorporated into the Spikes Asia Awards to recognise the vital link between creativity and marketing effectiveness
- Final entry deadline is 20 January 2022 at 11.59pm SGT.
- Three new awards added: Strategy & Effectiveness Spike, Creative Data Spike, and Social & Influencer Spike.
- The Digital Spike will be retired from the awards.
- Spikes award sections and categories are expanded. Further information can be found here
The Jury Presidents and their juries will convene remotely to judge the work in February 2022 with the winners of the Spikes Asia Awards announced on 3 March 2022. ‘Spikes Asia x Campaign Asia: The Experience’ is also set to return from 1-3 March 2022 and more information on the hybrid event will be released later in the year. Interested delegates are welcome to register their interest here.